With 46 years of exceptional building experience, Edifice has become a leading commercial construction firm and is listed as an ENR Top 400 U.S. General Contractor. We are looking for a Risk Manager to join our team in Charlotte, NC.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day interaction between all project participants, brokers and insurers related to risk management and insurance issues.
- Manage all aspects of contract review as relates to insurance and bonds issues.
- Analyze and understand insurable risks and potential risk mitigation opportunities; interact with operational groups to ensure coordination between project activities, exposures, and appropriate insurance coverage.
- Review, initiate and direct the appropriate insurance coverage and pricing for all new bids and projects.
- Work with client/owner insurance representatives to ensure proper placement and coordination of any project-specific insurance policies.
- Lead communication efforts with broker and surety company to facilitate timely delivery of project-specific performance and payment bonds.
- Manage master Builders Risk program, including reporting and premium allocations.
- Review and analyze terms and conditions associated with proposed Controlled Insurance Programs (OCIPs and CCIPs),
- Function as liaison between all participants.
- Assist with management of corporate Subcontractor Default Insurance program including coordination with internal teams, external sales discussions, reporting, enrollment, and management of broker and insurer relationships.
- Analyze and provide appropriate pre-qualification feedback on subcontractor partners.
- Monitor compliance with pre-qualification requirements for subcontractors enrolled in the Subcontractor Default Insurance program.
- Monitor compliance with subcontract insurance requirements and review any proposed modifications of the insurance requirements.
- Oversee internal claim management efforts (workers compensation, general liability, automobile liability, builders’ risk) to include oversight of third-party administrators, insurers, and defense attorneys.
- Review and analyze loss control and trending reports, and coordinate with Safety to develop appropriate action plans.
- Manage Certificate of Insurance issuance for proposals and new contracts.
- Maintain knowledge of trends in the construction insurance industry, including thorough working knowledge of insurance products, coverage, and pricing.
- Assist with compilation and development of data for annual renewal of corporate property and casualty insurance program, including management of brokers, approval of submissions, and negotiation of terms and premiums.
- Work closely with Human Resources to identify educational needs and assist with presentations and sessions focused on insurance and risk issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Insurance, Risk Management, Surety broker experience, and construction finance/accounting experience a plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, personal/sick time, discretionary bonus program, 401K matching program, company subsidized medical insurance, dental insurance, pre-tax medical and dependent care spending accounts, life insurance, short/long-term disability, ongoing education, and training