Senior Estimator / Pre-construction Manager
The senior estimator / pre-construction manager will possess strong conceptual estimating, organizational and communication skills; a “can do” attitude; and the ability to service multiple projects and clients on a regular basis.
- Review, interpret, and accurately estimate scope of work as described in the project documents.
- Execute quantity take-offs of all applicable CSI sections.
- Perform conceptual estimating to derive building program costs and baseline budget values for privately negotiated work.
- Develop close working relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- Solicit and collect subcontractors’/vendors’ bids and quotations for budgetary and final pricing.
- Verify that subcontractors’/vendors’ scopes of work are accurate in quantities and items included in their proposal.
- Prepare subcontractors’/vendors’ quotations analysis sheets.
- Organize and archive all documents received and produced.
- Assist with operations change-orders estimating as required by jobs in progress.
- Assist operations with purchasing and definition of subcontractors’/vendors’ scopes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Skills / Experience:
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word primarily).
- Solid knowledge of On-Screen take-off software or similar.
- Seven to ten years of experience in building estimating with a general contractor or construction manager.
- Experience must include privately negotiated and GMP contract delivery methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction related curriculum or equivalent work experience.
- Estimating: 7-10 years commercial building construction.
- Proven track record – previous project list including client/design team info.
- Competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, personal/sick time, discretionary bonus program, 401K matching program, company subsidized medical insurance, dental insurance, pre-tax medical and dependent care spending accounts, life insurance, short/long-term disability, ongoing education and training.