Theatre Construction Enhances the Movie-Going Experience
Florida – The summer blockbuster season is here once again and Edifice is continuing its tradition of theatre construction with two new state-of-the-art movie theaters.
Edifice is currently partnering with EPIC Theatres and Kansas City-based TK Architects to build two new 12-screen theatres in Florida: Lee Vista in Orlando and Oakleaf in Jacksonville.
Both theatres will feature an EPIC XL stadium auditorium with a 70’ wide curved silver screen and immersive digital sound. Other features include:
- Leather electronically controlled recliner seating with footrests
- 100 percent digital projection & digital sound
- Wall-to-wall screens with 3D capabilities
- Closed Captioning and Descriptive Audio for hearing and sight impaired guests
- A lobby bar serving adult beverages in a family-friendly environment
- Reserved seating with online ticketing
- Remote ticketing kiosks
Construction is underway on both projects with anticipated opening dates set for late 2015.
Edifice has been building movie theatres since the early 80’s. Our team has completed more than 130 theatre projects totaling more than 1,100 screens and over 170,000 theatre seats.