EDIFICE is in need of full-time qualified senior estimators.
The senior estimator / pre-construction manager will possess strong conceptual estimating, organizational and communication skills; a “can do” attitude; and the ability to service multiple projects and clients on a regular basis.
- Review, interpret, and accurately estimate scope of work as described in the project documents.
- Execute quantity take-offs of all applicable CSI sections.
- Perform conceptual estimating to derive building program costs and baseline budget values for privately negotiated work.
- Develop close working relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- Solicit and collect subcontractors’/vendors’ bids and quotations for budgetary and final pricing.
- Verify that subcontractors’/vendors’ scopes of work are accurate in quantities and items included in their proposal.
- Prepare subcontractors’/vendors’ quotations analysis sheets.
- Organize and archive all documents received and produced.
- Assist with operations change-orders estimating as required by jobs in progress.
- Assist operations with purchasing and definition of subcontractors’/vendors’ scopes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Skills / Experience:
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word primarily).
- Solid knowledge of On-Screen take-off software or similar.
- Seven to ten years of experience in building estimating with a general contractor or construction manager.
- Experience must include privately negotiated and GMP contract delivery methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction related curriculum or equivalent work experience.
- Estimating: 7-10 years commercial building construction.
- Proven track record – previous project list including client/design team info.
- Competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, personal/sick time, discretionary bonus program, 401K matching program, company subsidized medical insurance, dental insurance, pre-tax medical and dependent care spending accounts, life insurance, short/long-term disability, ongoing education and training.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.